Spookology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ghosts

5 posters

Go down

ghosts Empty ghosts

Post  Avril Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi all,
As a new member i would like to share some of my experiences with ghosts.
My first encounter was as a young slip of a girl at 21 , i was in residence at the YWCA in Edinburgh. Fresh out of college, starting a new job, away from home and as we hadn't sorted out a flat or housing we booked into the YWCA.
Working in a Bakery it was early start and the staff of the YW were not up, but they gave me a key to the top Kitchen so that i could make a cup of coffee before going to work. Several weeks later my friend and i were asked to have tea with the warden and she asked if i was managing ok in the morning etc. She then asked if i had seen the resident ghost (half laughing). I said no i hadn't, but i often saw an old lady crossing the stair landings up stairs to go into the TV room, but i had never seen her in the dining room for tea or supper. The look on her face said it all then!! I described the lady in detail and sure enough it was the resident ghost, she hadn't frightened me at the time, as i thought she was real.

I have had many more experiences and sightings but my most recent one was just last week. I was visiting my partners father in a Hull hospital and as we walked up the corridor to his ward i saw a nurse going into a side ward. As i passed the side ward i looked in and was taken a bit off gaurd, but 2 females were standing in front of the patients bed, the nurse went behind and then the "body" in the bed just "floated up" above them. I couldn't tell any one with me as they would have thought i was crackers, but some time later the nursing staff went round all the wards closing doors, drawing curtains around beds etc. then i realised that patient must have died, sure enough when i passed the side room later it was empty. Did i witness the spirit of the body leaving?

I would welcome an explanation

Cheers, Avril

Avril
Small Orb
Small Orb

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

ghosts Empty Re: ghosts

Post  Karen Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:44 pm

It does sound like you have seen a soul leave the body to do into the Spirit world, and what an amazing thing to see. It sounds as if you have a wonderful gift and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Have you ever thought of using your gift for good?
Karen
Karen
Team Member
Team Member

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

ghosts Empty using a gift

Post  Avril Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi Karen
Yes i would love do use my gift for good............I just don't know how!! I am willing to learn.
Cheers Avril

Avril
Small Orb
Small Orb

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:10 am

A good friend of mine lives up near you and I think that she runs her own circle. This is a group of like minded people who are looking to focus on their gifts. I will have a chat with her later and give you her number.

She is really nice and down to earth!
Karen
Karen
Team Member
Team Member

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:32 pm

thats cool viv and I think I have seen the same thing when my gran passed away. Its one of those things that you cant really believe if you saw it or not!!! Shocked
Dixie
Dixie
Team Member
Team Member

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

ghosts Empty Where do you stop with Ghosts

Post  barryc Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:45 am

Hi Guys

Thanks for being so welcoming to my mother, I am amazed she's in here as she just learned how to turn the PC on ;-)

I had another very strange few months when I first got together with my fiancee years ago. She moved into this eiry house in Castle Coombe near Bath. Lovely place.....

I had a very uncomfortale feeling about the place as soon as she moved in, Castle Coombe is one of those places in Wiltshire that is often used for period drama's, so therefore there was no telegraph poles, phone boxes, anything that would define a period in time.
The original Dr Doolittle was hsot there as was Poirot.

Her house was up a small lane which led to a now cloesd school.

The reason for my title where do you stop, came from one night whilst lying in bed, I was awoken by what sounded like a Hunt, horses and hounds and people talking....
I went to the window, still hearing this noise, as soon as I opened the window, the sound disappeared? I diid not know horses and dogs could be there in a ghost form?

I would love to go back to that house and check it out....

Oh! the other thing that seemed weird was, Angela and myself were sitting out in the back garden on the steps to the raised lawn in our early days having a canoodle, (my mam will be reading). When we got up and dusted our bums down we spotted the top step was actually a Grave Stone.....Not your usual Cotswold Stone in my opinion.

Barry

barryc
Small Orb
Small Orb

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Relfy Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:30 am

That sounds interesting really interestin! I have a little story to tell you. I was staying in my freinds house that she shared with five other people. However, most of them were away that night and the room I was staying in was quite far away from anyone. It was in the middle of the night and I heard foot steps walking around the room, it was really dark and I thought that I didn't want to put the light on, as I didn't want to know what I would find! I was sitting upright in bed by now and I was picturing in my mind where her table was and chair was etc and the steps seemed to go through all the furniture. In the end I just said out load that I wanted to go to sleep, so please go away! Anyway in the morning I rang my friend and she was quite chirpy and told me that it was her residant ghost and was not at all surprised that I heard the footsteps! I thought thanks very much!!!!

Relfy

Very Happy

Relfy
White Noise
White Noise

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:49 am

I love storries like that!

Keep them coming!